The ISO 31000 standard is the international leader among workplace risk assessment and management tools.
Delving into its characteristics and those distinctive elements allows us to understand the keys for its success and discover what makes it so valuable in the protection of public and private organizations.
What is ISO 31000?
It is a regulation whose objective is to help organizations to manage risk prevention. Through a series of recommendations, which follow some guiding principles, it tries to guarantee occupational safety at all times. In this way, it is possible to create a work system that facilitates risk analysis and evaluation.
One of the main advantages of the management standard is that it can be used in any type of organization, whether public or private. It also covers all types of activity, from manufacturing to management, planning or communication. Furthermore, it attributes a fundamental role to leadership positions in the application of regulations. Its design seeks to be an essential tool in the decision-making process.
How does the standard work in JSA?
The occupational risk assessment and job safety analysis (JSA) aims to create value for the company by integrating these tasks into daily management. For this, all regulations and their operation are based on the following principles:
– As it has the vocation to help organizations in their integral management, the JSA recommendations must be integrated into the tasks instead of functioning as an isolated control system
– The information must be structured and the data must be quantifiable. In this way, its measurement and comparison is facilitated. It is something essential in the evaluation of results and in decision-making.
– Standards have to be adaptable, in this way they can be applied in all corporate contexts.
– The regulations must include all the steps of the different tasks with recommendations adapted to the different types of activity.
– The measures also have to be dynamic, in this way, the standard will be valid over time, as it will adapt to changes.
Benefits of applying the international standard ISO 31000
As already seen, applying this management control system allows businesses to be clear at all times which occupational risk prevention measures should be applied. One of its main advantages is the breadth of different activities it covers and how easy it is for leadership positions to evaluate performance.
In short, ISO 31000 facilitates the management and integration of risk assessment. Through your help, companies benefit from a standardized system whose operation is endorsed by organizations around the world.