Every day we see a multitude of signs in our workplace and, sometimes, we do not understand their meaning, so we can run the risk of suffering an injury or an occupational accident. Knowing the Occupational Risk Prevention signs is essential to improve our occupational health. We present here the different types that exist:
They indicate the prohibition of an action or situation in the area. They have a round red shape with white background, a transversal red line runs downwards from left to right. At the background of the sign there is a black pictogram.
Warning signs of danger
They warn of a danger in the area. They have a triangular shape with a black border and a yellow background on which there is a black pictogram. When they warn of harmful or irritating materials, the background appears in orange.
Signs of rescue or relief
We locate them in the places where emergency exits or first aid are located. They present a square or rectangular shape with a green background on which there is a white pictogram.
We see them in the places where fire instruments are located (fire extinguishers, hoses …). Its shape is square or rectangular with a red background on which there is a white pictogram.
Signs of mandatory use
They indicate the obligatory use of an equipment or an activity in the area to avoid accidents. They present a round shape with a blue background on which there is a white pictogram.
They are located in places where there may be danger of contamination. They have a rectangular shape and there are four types:
- Those that present a green edge and a green pictogram. They warn that the area is controlled.
- Those that present a grey edge and a grey pictogram. They warn that the area is monitored.
- Those that present a yellow edge and a yellow pictogram. They warn that the area is of limited permanence.
- Those that present a red edge and a red pictogram. They warn that access is prohibited.
Within these four types of signs, we can find three different warnings:
- • If they present a white background and spikes on the blades of the pictogram, they warn of the risk of irradiation.
- If they present a white background with black dots they warn of the risk of contamination.
- If they present both previous aspects, they warn of the risk of contamination and irradiation.
We hope that with these clarifications we can avoid possible work accidents.